New officers head up Foundation at Lake Washington Institute of Technology
The Foundation at Lake Washington Institute of Technology 2014 officers:
- Dave Ferguson, LWIT Foundation President (CEO, Gibberin, Inc)
- Betty Spieth-Croll, Immediate Past President (Partner, Langton Spieth, LLC)
- Laura Wildfong, Vice President (Owner, Northwest Nurseries)
- Diane Haelsig, Secretary (Retired Software Company Founder)
- Dick Haelsig, Treasurer (Retired Engineer and Business Owner)
- Anne Hamilton, LWIT Board of Trustees Liaison
- Dr. Amy Morrison Goings, LWIT President
- Bill Thomas, LWIT VP Administrative Services
- Andrea Olson, LWIT Special Assistant to the President for Advancement and Entrepreneurship
- Elisabeth Sorensen, LWIT Executive Director of Development and the Foundation
- Marianne Hanefeld, Community Leader
- Richard Lerz, CEO of Nytec, Inc.
- Ellen Miller Wolf, Economic Development Manager, City of Kirkland
The LWIT Foundation provides the college with resources needed to deliver educational success and a skilled workforce. It strives to meet the needs of students, business and industry. It also actively engages business and community support of the college, its students and its role in building a strong economy. The Foundation is the legal entity that works with the college to provide student grants and scholarships, promote health and wellness, and contribute to the high school academy at LWIT and Early Learning Center. Funds are raised through such activities as the Valentine's Day Wine Dinner (reserve by calling 425.739.8134), benefit breakfasts, endowment scholarships, and planned giving. It also manages the Distinguished Alumni Award, based on public nominations, to recognize LWIT alumni who have made notable achievement in her/his career, service to the community, and inspirational impact.