April 10, 2013
Contact: Jen Boyer, Media Relations
Lake Washington Institute of Technology
(425) 739-8236, firstname.lastname@example.org
May is national Mental Health Awareness month. In spirit of educating and connecting people to community resources, LWIT will be hosting its 6th Annual Mental Health and Community Resource Fair on May 1 from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the East Building Mall.
More than 30 regional agencies will present information and resources on everything from free and low cost healthcare and mental health advocacy to food banks and homeless services including:
- Community Health Plan of Washington
- Congregations for the Homeless
- Eastside Center for Family
- Molina Health Care of Washington
- NAMI Eastside
- KITH Cares
- Public Health of King County
- The Soldiers Project Northwest
- Therapists in private practice that provide low-cost services to students
Each year the fair includes a special presentation. This year's theme is Homelessness: The Invisible Student. Stop by from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. to learn about how homelessness impacts our students and how as a community we can help.