The Digital Publishing certificate prepares students to create graphics and design layouts for a variety of digital publishing formats such as commercial printing, interactive documents and ePublications. Students begin study with theory courses and progress to learn software tools associated with vector and raster graphic creation, page layout, prepress, and digital publishing methods.
Students seeking web and mobile design and coding skills should pursue the Digital Design AAS-T degree program or the Web and Mobile Design Certificate of Proficiency.
Digital Publishing certificate graduates will:
- Be prepared for entry-level jobs as graphic designers or production artists in print or digital publishing
- Create, edit, and integrate a variety of high quality vector and raster graphics within single and multiple page-layout projects for print or tablet
- Prepare project deliverables for commercially printed materials, interactive documents, and ePublications
- Create effective solutions to design challenges using the elements and principles of design
- Effectively use type in print-based and screen-based publications
- Demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, intercultural appreciation, and technical and information literacy skills
Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not offer every course each quarter. It is the student's responsibility to consult the class schedule and work out an individual schedule with an advisor or counselor. Any developmental coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.
Admission Dates: Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring
|ART||102||Beginning Two-Dimensional Design||5|
|ART||252||Advanced Two-Dimensional Design||4|
|MMDP||121||Vector Illustration 1 with Illustrator||4|
|MMDP||122||Image Editing 1 with Photoshop||4|
|MMDP||126||Page Layout 1 with InDesign||4|
|MMDP||146||Page Layout 2 with InDesign||4|
|MMDP||153||Intro to Web & Mobile Design||5|
|MMDP||154||Electronic Publishing with Acrobat||5|
|MMDP||158||Prepress and Digital Publishing||4|
|MMDP||168||Introduction to Content Management Systems||4|
Academic Core Requirements - 15 Credits
|Total Program Credits||71|
See Academic Core for a list of all applicable courses for each of the categories listed above.
Technical Electives - 4 Credits
Technical Electives may be taken from MMDP or ART areas.
|ART||121||Introduction to Drawing||5|
|MMDP||141||Vector Illustration 2 with Illustrator||4|
|MMDP||142||Image Editing 2 with Photoshop||4|
|MMDP||170||Motion Graphics with AfterEffects||5|