Web & Mobile Design
Certificate of Proficiency
The Web and Mobile Design certificate prepares students to design, build, and maintain websites and screen-based interactive content for mobile devices. Students begin study with theory courses and progress to learn software tools associated with web authoring, content management systems, creation and integration of digital media, and basic scripting for web and mobile devices. Students seeking digital publishing, prepress or page layout skills should pursue the Digital Design AAS-T degree program or the Digital Publishing certificate of proficiency.
Web and Mobile Design certificate graduates will:
- Be prepared for entry-level jobs as web designers and mobile content designers
- Create, edit and integrate a variety of vector and raster graphics, data, and text within web, mobile and interactive projects
- Describe the importance of site navigation and usability in web and mobile design
- Demonstrate basic coding skills using HTML, CSS, and scripting languages
- Demonstrate an understanding of content management systems through use in projects
- Create effective solutions to design challenges using the elements and principles of design
- Demonstrate critical thinking, teamwork, communication, intercultural appreciation, and technical and information literacy skills
Lake Washington Institute of Technology does not offer every course each quarter. It is the student’s responsibility to consult the class schedule and work out an individual schedule with an advisor or counselor. Any developmental coursework a student may be required to complete may increase the program length.
Admission Dates: Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring
|ART||102||Beginning Two-Dimensional Design||5|
|MMDP||113||Computer Programming Fundamentals|
|MMDP||121||Vector Illustration 1 with Illustrator||4|
|MMDP||122||Image Editing 1 with Photoshop||4|
|MMDP||123||Multimedia Authoring with Flash||4|
|MMDP||133||Web Authoring with Dreamweaver||4|
|MMDP||143||Actionscript with Flash||4|
|MMDP||153||Intro to Web & Mobile Design||5|
|MMDP||168||Introduction to Content Management Systems||4|
Academic Core Requirements- 15 credits
|Total Program Credits||73|
See Academic Core for a list of all applicable courses for each of the categories listed above.
Technical Electives - 4 Credits
Technical Electives may be taken from MMDP or ART areas.
|ART||121||Introduction to Drawing||5|
|ART||252||Advanced Two-Dimensional Design||4|
|MMDP||141||Vector Illustration 2 with Illustrator||4|
|MMDP||142||Image Editing 2 with Photoshop||4|