Counseling Center Events
West Building | W207 (425) 739-8300
Save the Date! May 7th, 2014 - Mental Health and Community Resource Fair
Welcome! Annually, Lake Washington brings mental health agenices to campus to provide information and resources to our college community. The Mental Health and Community Resource fair is an opporunity for our students, staff, faculty and surrounding community neighbors to learn more about mental health - why it is important and how to support it. Whether you are a partner agency or a fair goer, you will learn about the Mental Health and Community Resource fair from information listed below.
Partner Agency Information
- 2014 Event Planning Schedule
January - registration and save the date information sent to partner agencies.
April - agency partners contacted for specific logistic information
Late April - final deadline to register for the fair
May 7th - date of fair
- Registration - registration information is sent by Neera Mehta, M.S., LMHC. After the registration form is complete, partner agencies are considered registered for the event.
- Parking - on campus parking is free. It is suggested that you arrive as early as possible, to avoid an overcrowded parking lot. Shuttles are not provided.
- Load-In - If load-in assistance was requested a student will be assigned to help you load-in materials. Those assignments happen about 2 days before the event. You will be contacted the day before to confirm load-in assistance. If you are unable to attend that day, for whatever reason, and requested assistance please contact Student Programs at (425)-739-8314.
- Table Assignments - tables are assigned based first on electricity needs and second on use of space needs. The planning committee also ensures that similar agencies are not close together.
- Audience - we encourage partner agencies to actively interact with our college community. LWTECH has over 30 programs, with a diversity of students. We also have an active and engaged Social and Human Services program. These students are interested in your agency and also have internship requirements to fulfill. They talk with you about such an opportunity. Additionally, some students might have assignments to complete. We ask that you help those students with their extra-credit assignments to further their learning about mental health.
More information about the fair will be posted as the date approaches. We'll see you May 7th!