Human Resources FAQs

How can I tell when a job closes?

When a job closes, it will no longer show on Employment Opportunities. You can check the status of your application for a specific job by logging into your account. When we fill a job, we also email all applicants to notify them of the job's filled status.

How do I hear about an interview?

We usually contact applicants selected for interviews by phone 2 to 4 weeks after the job closes. Check the job and interview status on Employment Opportunities.

I have an interview with LWTech. Can I get reimbursed for my travel expenses?

For most jobs, we do not reimburse applicants for travel or other related expenses.

Does the job I applied for, have benefits?

It may or may not. Check the specific job opening on the Employment Opportunities page for benefit details. We comply with state Health Care Authority rules and regulations to determine benefits eligibility.

What benefits does a standard benefits-eligible job get?

Eligible employees have access to a competitive package of insurance, retirement, and fringe benefits. Visit the Employee Benefits page for specific details.

How do I get to the Human Resources office?

We are located on the 3rd floor of the West Building, in Room W304

My name recently changed. Should I let HR know?

Yes. You must update your name with HR/Payroll Services. Complete an Employee Information and Change form, available under HR forms or in Room W304. Bring your new social security card that shows your name change into HR along with the Employee Information and Change form. We then update your name for your personnel and payroll records.

My home address recently changed. Should I let HR know? (Even if I'm a student Work-Study and I've already changed my address with Enrollment Services?)

Yes. You must update your address info with HR/Payroll Services. Complete an Employee Information and Change form to change your address. Forms are also available in W304 during normal business hours to complete the form.

I have other questions. Now what?

Contact our office with questions. If you have any suggestions for questions to add to the FAQs section of this website, please send them to us.

I'm a current employee - can I get a tuition and fee waiver to take classes at LWTech?

If you're eligible, Human Resources can give you a tuition and fee waiver. Employees eligible for tuition and fee waivers:

  1. a) "Administrator" - Administrative staff member regularly employed on a contractual basis.
  2. b) "Professional-Technical" - A professional or technical non-faculty staff member regularly employed on an annual basis, including those employed on a part-time basis.
  3. c) "Classified" - A classified staff member working on an annual or "regular" basis (may be less than 12 months).
  4. d) "Faculty" - A faculty member or counselor employed on an annual contractual basis, including those employed routinely on a part-time basis (three [3] or more consecutive quarters) or a one-quarter full-time appointment.

(Definition as stated in the college's Policies and Procedures manual, Chapter 6.A.27..

I'm a current employee - can I get a tuition and fee waiver to take classes at other WA State colleges?

You may be eligible to take classes at other colleges. Contact the specific college directly for more info on their policies and procedures.

Can I get a tuition and fee waiver to join the fitness center?

Yes, if you are an eligible employee (see the above questions). Stop by the HR office and get a tuition waiver, and return signed waiver to the cashier’s office. We waive your fee so you don't pay anything to use the fitness center.

I'm a new employee - do I fill out any paperwork?

Yes. All employees must complete the following:

  • Employee Information and Change form.
  • Employee Acknowledgment and Agreement.
  • I-9 (Employment Eligibility Verification).
  • W-4.
  • Verification of Retirement System Membership.
  • Information for Federal and State Reporting form.
  • LWTech (online) Employment Application.

If you're part-time faculty and teaching professional-technical classes, you must also complete an application for professional-technical certification.

Should I go to a new employee orientation?

Yes, if you're a regular employee. Schedule an HR Orientation with human resources for your first day of work. Also, schedule an orientation with Payroll Services within your first two days of work. Regular employees must also attend other orientations with various departments; you will get this info during your HR orientation.