Page 14 - 2021-22 LWTech Student Handbook
P. 14

Specific Class Wait Lists
Using LionsLink, check for classes that have a waitlist. To learn how to do that, visit the LionsLink training webpage. You are encouraged to attend the first day of class regardless of waitlist status. The instructor can add or drop you from the class roster.
Full and Part-Time Student Status
LWTech considers students enrolled in 12 or more credits full-time enrolled. This corresponds to financial aid full-time enrollment status. Some programs may require higher quarterly credit loads to complete requirements in a specific time period. Some external agencies use different credit values to calculate full-time status. LWTech considers students registered for fewer than 12 credits part-time. Please consult the Financial Aid Office for definitions of three-quarter time, half-time, and less than half-time.
Withdrawing from Courses
Course withdrawal occurs when a student drops a course in person at the Enrollment Services office, through web services, in writing, by signed fax, or using a college generated email address to contact the Enrollment Services department. The ability to drop courses via web services ends at the end the of the 100% refund period as noted online. Withdrawing from a class funded with financial aid may reduce financial aid eligibility. Contact the Financial Aid department for information to determine eligibility.
Transcripts and Grades
A transcript is the official record of all courses and received grades. Students may request official transcripts by ordering them online through National Student Clearinghouse. Students may also order transcripts with a records request. Use LionsLink Student View to access unofficial transcripts.
Degree and Certificate General Requirements
Use the college catalog for each academic or technical program’s course and graduation requirements.
Change of Program Process
If you want to change your program of study, you must complete a change of program form prior to the beginning of the quarter. You can change programs but may need to wait for available space or quarter start (for cohort programs) to begin the new program.
Apply for Graduation
To complete a degree or certificate use the apply for graduation form. You will receive email correspondence describing the status of your application. Walking in graduation ceremony is a different process. Visit the Student Programs department or High School Programs department to learn more about walking in those graduation ceremonies.

   12   13   14   15   16