Page 15 - LWTech Student Handbook
P. 15

2017 – 2018 LWTech Student Handbook
Pass-Through Fees Refund
Fees that are passed through to another agency may be refunded at 100% through the first week of the quarter only. No refund will be made if an insurance claim has been filed.
Financial Aid
West Building, W209 (425) 739-8106
Many students may be eligible to receive some form of federal, state, or institutional financial aid. Students do not need to be low income to receive some types of aid. Some of aid programs include: Federal Pell grants, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity grants (SEOG), Federal Direct Stafford and PLUS student loans, Washington State Need grant, state and federal work-study jobs, scholarships, institutional aid. Depending on the time of the year, it may take up to 12 weeks to process financial aid applications. Students may check the status of their application online by using the Financial Aid Student Portal.
The Financial Aid department also assists Veterans applying for Veteran’s educational benefits. Learn more by visiting the Veteran Success Center Information Site.
Financial Aid Eligibility
To be eligible for financial aid:
 Apply each year; the financial aid award year is from July 1 to June 30 of the next year. Students must re-apply each year for aid.
 Attend LWTech for the express purpose of obtaining an eligible degree or certificate, for most types of aid.
 Be a citizen of the United States or an eligible non-citizen.
 Non-citizen students unable to file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA), due to immigration status may be eligible to complete a Washington Application for State Financial Aid (WASFA). Requirements include:
o graduation from a high school in Washington State;
o GED and;
o have lived in Washington State for three years prior to and continuously since earning a high school diploma or credential.
o DACA students who are Washington State residents may also be eligible to complete the WASFA application.
 Achieve and maintain satisfactory academic progress in the chosen program of study as defined by the financial aid satisfactory academic progress policy;
 Not be in default on any previous student loans or owing a refund on any grants;
 Be registered with selective service or exempt per federal guidelines if male;
 A high school diploma or equivalent such as a GED is generally required to receive aid; however, students without a high school diploma or GED may receive aid under certain conditions if they meet Ability to Benefit requirements.
 Students with a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from the United State or a foreign country are not eligible for most federal or state grants but may receive assistance from student loans, work-study, or scholarships where available.

   13   14   15   16   17