Page 18 - LWTech 2022-23 LWTech Student Handbook
P. 18

Employment Resource Center
West Building, W207 (425) 793-8113
The Employment Resource Center (ERC) offers career exploration and job search assistance to students, and alumni. The ERC is a Worksource Connections site and includes community- based organizations that can assist students with job search and training opportunities. Whether students are looking for a first job, needing a part time job while attending school, or are ready to start a career after graduation, the ERC focuses on providing tools needed to reach employment goals. Services include:
• “HIRE LIONS” powered by Handshake online job board – Search for current jobs, internships, and student employment opportunities related to your program of study, post a resume and apply to jobs online; to register go to
• Job search information and resources at the ERC website
• Job search resources and assistance by appointment
• Resume, interview, and networking assistance
• Career exploration workshops and resources
• Labor market information
• Information on local job fairs and hiring events
• On-campus employer recruiting opportunities
• Computer, fax, copy machine and phone are available to assist in job searches
Library Learning Commons
Technology Building, T215 (425) 739-8320
Library Learning Commons librarians and staff assist LWTech students, staff, as well as members of the community to engage with unique learning materials selected to support all program and course areas. Orientations to the Library and instruction sessions for individuals or classes can be arranged with a Librarian.
Consider these resources when using the library:
• Resource Check Out
o UseyourstudentIDcardtocheckoutbooks,awideassortmentofDVDs,
equipment, books, journals, and additional resources.
• Group Study
o Small,groupstudyroomswithvariousresourcesareavailablethroughthe reservation system on a first come first served basis. 24 hour-advance notice is needed to book a room. Rooms may be reserved within the period of one month, for less than four hours at a time. This reservation system also includes a digital media studio.
• Computer Resources
o Internetandprintreadycomputersareavailableforcompletingassignmentsand
accessing resources and online databases like: Artsot, Credo Reference, CulturGrams, EBSCOhost, InfoBase Fact on File, Health Reference Center, LexisNexis, ProQuest and others!

   16   17   18   19   20